Highly Qualified Faculty
Please note that all teachers paid with Title I funds at Wellford Elementary School hired on or after July 1, 2002, meet the highly qualified requirements. Also, instructional assistants paid with Title I funds at our school who were hired after January 8, 2002, have:
1) completed two years of study at an institution of higher education
2) obtained an associate's (or higher) degree; OR
3) met a rigorous standard of quality on a local formal academic assessment
Lastly, instructional assistants paid with Title I funds hold a secondary school diploma or its equivalent.
Comments and suggestions made by parents are important to the planning, design and implementation of the Title I school-wide programs.
A.) Comments and suggestions made by parents will be forwarded to the administration.
B.) Responses may be given:
*Verbally (in person, in a meeting, or by telephone)
*By note or letter
*In a newsletter
Title One Funds
For the 2016/2017 school year, our title one funds are used for the following:
- To supply a full-time parent educator
- To supply a part-time reading interventionist in addition to our full time reading interventionist
- To supply a full-time math interventionist
- To support reading and math through technology by providing technology for instructional support
- To provide lower class sizes in kindergarten, third,and fourth grade by adding certified teachers in each of those grades
- To supply materials for teachers and students
- To supply professional books and workshops for teachers
- To supply food and other incentives for family nights
- To provide an author visit for a student assembly
- To help offset the cost of the third and fourth grade field trips